Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ARNA):
The company’s RSI reading has hit 62.70. The stock edged higher by 7.88% to close previous trading session at USD 1.78.
The shares of the company fluctuated in the range of USD 1.30 and USD 5.12 in the course of 52 weeks. Over the three months, the company’s shares have declined by -2.73% and in the past one year, it has lost -62.92%. Additionally, the stock’s year to date performance has declined -6.32%. Over the last five days its shares have surged by 16.34% and in the past six months it has moved down -36.20%.
Further, the company is trading at a price to book ratio of 8.09. The stock’s weekly volatility is calculated as 10.47% and monthly volatility as 7.71% with ATR of 0.12, beta of -0.81 and price to cash ratio of 2.77.
Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ARNA) reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2015, and provided a corporate update.
Fourth Quarter 2015 Financial Results
- Revenues totaled $7.8 million, including $3.9 million in net product sales of BELVIQ.
- Research and development expenses totaled $20.2 million.
- General and administrative expenses totaled $9.7 million.
- Restructuring charges totaled $4.0 million.
- Net loss was $30.5 million, or $0.13 per share.
- At December 31, 2015, cash and cash equivalents totaled $156.2 million which does not include the $7.5 million upfront payment from the Boehringer Ingelheim agreement.
- At December 31, 2015, approximately 242.9 million shares of common stock were outstanding.
Oncothyreon Inc (USA) (NASDAQ:ONTY):
The stock increased by 7.75% to close last trading session at USD 1.39. The company’s shares oscillated in the range of USD 1.30 and USD 1.53 during intraday trade.
A total of 3.09 million shares exchanged hands, above its 3 month average volume of 857,915.00 shares. Over the last five days its shares have surged by 19.83% and in the past six months it has moved down -63.13%.
Furthermore, the stock has weekly volatility of 15.43% and monthly volatility of 9.90% with ATR of 0.12. The stock’s RSI is 62.48 and distance from 50-day simple moving average is 10.95%, whereas its distance from 20-day simple moving average is 28.23% and distance from 200-day simple moving average is -49.03%.
Oncothyreon Inc (USA) (ONTY) on March 14, 2016 provided a corporate update and reported financial results for the year and quarter ended December 31, 2015.
Full Year and Fourth Quarter 2015 Financial Highlights
- Cash, cash equivalents and investments totaled $56.4 million as of December 31, 2015, compared to $63.7 million at December 31, 2014, a decrease of $7.3 million, or 11.5%. The decrease was primarily attributable to $28.9 million of cash used in operations during the year ended December 31, 2015, partially offset by the net proceeds of $22.4 million from the closing of concurrent but separate underwritten offerings of common stock and Series B convertible preferred stock in February 2015.
- Research and development expenses for the fourth quarter of 2015 decreased by $19.1 million to $6.9 million from $26.0 million in the fourth quarter of 2014. Full year research and development expenses decreased by $18.4 million to $23.5 million in 2015 from $41.9 million in 2014. The fourth quarter and full year decrease in expense was primarily the result of the one-time upfront payment made to Array Biopharma in December 2014.
- General and administrative expenses for the fourth quarter of 2015 increased by $0.4 million to $2.3 million, from $1.9 million in the fourth quarter of 2014. Full year 2015 general and administrative expenses were $9.3 million, an increase of $0.3 million from $9.0 million in 2014. This increase was primarily due to patent expenses related to our product candidates.